This initiative recognizes high school youth enrolled in the Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (JROTC) with an award for their scholastic excellence and demonstrated ideals of Americanism. The award consists of a medal and ribbon to be worn on the JROTC uniform and a certificate suitable for framing.
Scottish Rite ROTC Program for Colleges/Universities
This initiative recognizes second and third year cadets enrolled in the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) who have an academic standing in the top 25 percent of their class and who encourage and demonstrate patriotism by deeds or conduct during participation in extracurricular activities or community projects. The recipient receives three recognitions: a certificate suitable for framing, a medal engraved with the Scottish Rite Double-headed Eagle, and ROTC Education and Americanism; and a ribbon which, like the medal can be worn with the ROTC uniform.
Description: The award consists of a medal, a ribbon, and a certificate.
Purpose. This award recognizes one outstanding cadet in the second year of a 3-year program or in the third year of a 4-year program.
Eligibility. The cadet must:
- Have contributed the most among cadets on campus to encourage and demonstrate Americanism by deeds or conduct during participation in extracurricular activities or community projects.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence by being in the top 25% of his or her academic class.
- Have demonstrated a potential for outstanding leadership by exhibiting qualities to dependability, good character, self discipline, good citizenship and patriotism.
- Not have previously received this award.
Administration or Selection. For the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction (see map), requests for the award should be made to the National Headquarters in Lexington, Massachusetts. Requests may be made at any time during the calendar year.
The preferred nomination process is made by completing this form. The requesting officer may also call 800-814-1432 x3313, or FAX your request to 781-863-1833, or write to the Supreme Council, 33°, attn: W.E. Holland, PO Box 519, Lexington, MA 02420-0519. Upon receipt of the nomination form, the award packet will be completed and mailed to the submitting officer.
- For JROTC: The DAI/SAI or other senior Service official or the head of the school (or both) will make the selection.
- For ROTC: The Professor of Military/Naval Science will make the selection.
Presentation and Publicity. With 30 days prior notice of the presentation ceremony, and whenever possible, a member of the Scottish Rite in the state where the school is located will be identified to assist in making the presentation.
For information about ordering JROTC or ROTC Medals:
Northern Masonic Jurisdiction
For high schools or colleges/universities located within the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction (see map), JROTC/ROTC officials of high schools or colleges/universities should direct their inquiries to William Holland at 800-814-1432, Ext. 3313 or submit this form.
If the high schools or colleges/universities located within the Southern Jurisdiction (see map) do not have a point of contact, JROTC/ROTC officials of high schools or colleges/universities should direct their inquiries to Linda Johnson at 202-777-3187 or email Linda Johnson. Also, Scottish Rite Valley Secretaries of the Southern Jurisdiction may contact Linda Johnson.