In 2013, we will be celebrating the 200 years as the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction of Scottish Rite within the United States.
· The official celebration period is from August 5, 2012 thru December 31, 2013.
· It is the desire of the 200th Anniversary Committee to see that all Valleys celebrate the 200th Anniversary in a manner appropriate for their Valley. There will be no single event or Anniversary Class for the jurisdiction, yet there will be many ways in which each State and Valley may join in the jurisdiction wide celebration.
· For all new initiates, there will be a special 200th Anniversary pocket jewel to be given to all candidates receiving the 32° in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction in the period from Jan. 1, 2012 thru Dec. 31, 2013. Extra pocket jewels will be available this summer to any member at a cost of $25. each.
· From a membership viewpoint, a membership goal for the two years of celebration is 10,000 new members or just over 6% of our January 1, 2012 membership. To assist in attaining this goal, there will be two different incentive programs sponsored by Supreme Council to encourage every member to assist. These incentives are in effect from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2013. The first is a Valley Level Member incentive for first line signers (sponsors) and the second is a jurisdiction wide incentive.
· Incentive “A” is a Valley Level Member incentive rewarding the top two first line signers of every Valley.
The Scottish Rite member with the greatest number of first line signer credits at the end of the two year period reflecting all new candidates who completed the 32° within the two year period in every Valley will receive a $500 gift card. The Scottish Rite member with the second greatest first line signer credits for those completing the 32° for the same period will receive a $100 gift card.
· Incentive “B” is a Jurisdiction wide 1st line signer incentive for all Valley members who are 1st line signers for the two year period.
This incentive encourages every Scottish Rite Member to find a candidate to sponsor. To be fair, Valley Secretaries, Membership Chairmen, Supreme Council staff, Valley staff, Active and Emeritus Members are not eligible for this incentive.
In this incentive, all first line signers (except as noted) for new initiates completing the 32° during the two year period from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2013 are eligible for a single random drawing with a first prize being a 14 day Holland America Land/Cruise tour for two to ALASKA, a $7500 value. Second prize is $2500 and third prize is $500.
As with any incentive, we have some rules that apply to incentives ‘A’ and ‘B’.
· All Scottish Rite members of the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction are eligible to participate in the 1st line signer incentives unless noted otherwise.
· All Candidates must have taken the 4th degree after January 1, 2011 and the 32° within the calendar years 2012 or 2013.
· Valley Secretaries, Membership Chairmen, Supreme Council staff, Valley staff, Active and Emeritus Members are not eligible for this incentive.
· Reinstatements and affiliations, although desired do not count as part of this incentive.
· All winners must be members in good standing.
· Winners agree to promotional media use of their name and image by Supreme Council.
· As all Candidates must have a Scottish Rite Sponsor (1st Line Signer) winners will be determined through a summary report run from data in the MDS membership system.
· Due to Grand Lodge restrictions, Ohio members are not eligible for the jurisdiction wide incentive “B”.
· Winners will be notified in February of 2014.
· All petitions that are received by the Valley office without a first line signer may be signed by the Secretary but as stated above, exclusions apply for this incentive.